Helmet and safety glasses safely stowed in the shedThis little injury has been with me on numerous occasions over the course of my life.
Ever since I was born with this head I've been concussing it; not intentionally, or at least not cognizantly, but all the same I have always been hitting my skull against something ... literally and figuratively.
This latest is courtesy of a shovel handle, and is done thusly:
- Be willing to impede shovel handles with your eye.
- Embed shovel head in a stiff spring snow berm.
- Pry with shovel in attempt to break up the berm.
- Really reef on handle creating spring-like tension.
- Lose grip on handle cuz gloves are wet.
- Take shovel handle just below right brow.
- Remind yourself you went into this willing to impede shovel handle with eye.